People often write me asking this, and I want to share openly what happens in every detail at least in my case:
First, It has to be clearly stated that this is not my job, I do this (blogging & social media) 100% for fun.
Now, since this is not my job, there is no paycheck coming from the content I create so I wouldn’t recommend my “behind the scenes” strategy to anyone who is looking to do this as an actual job.
So here we go;
The blog started as a way to write constantly.
It has been found that writing is one of the best “brain workouts”, it keeps your mind healthy and creative. So here I am trying to write often and sharing it with who ever would like to read it 🙂
I write about things I find interesting and enjoy sharing about: coding, yoga, digital marketing, etc.
The blog is every platform where I get to share in different ways: the website, IG, the podcast, twitter, or FB. I share in all platforms in different ways, to stay on top of social media strategies and learnings while practicing with my own “blog”.
I use my phone camera (not high quality photos) for me is not about the picture but about sharing a moment or a specific content.
I NEVER NEVER ask my husband to take pictures of me, I am too shy for that, & I would be soo uncomfortable asking him to take a photo of me so often, so 99% of the photos you see are taken by self timer, with the phone on a weird position somewhere around or in a shoe and also plenty of selfie (with my own arm) photos. The other 1% are some photos where my husband enters a the room and Im doing something funny so he takes a photo, this happens often; he enters home or a room with his phone camera on to capture “my weirdness” infraganti.
Stories are much more natural than you think, I don’t think to much around them, stories actually take only 10 to 15 seconds at the time, so even when there might be a day when you see I have shared 15 stories if you make the math 15 stories of 10 secs in average only takes around 2.5mins!!! so the key for stories is being spontaneous.
There have been some ads or collaborations in my IG, but only when it is relevant to me and it is something I have actually used and recommend. As I mentioned before this is not where my income comes from, I always have a full time job even if it is not in an office, I am working on my own consulting company. And that is how I pay the bills. So if you see ads, just give some ❤ because it is something I actually recommend.
Hope this one answer most of the “behind the scenes” questions! 😀
Alex – The yogi coder.